Get a quick no obligation quote It’s free and will only take a jiffy!
Professional Tree Reduction Tilbury
Do you have trees that are growing over neighbour’s property? Trees that are starting to touch power cables or interfere with passing traffic? If so, you will benefit from tree reduction. Tilbury wide this is a service that the team here at TH Trees Ltd have called one of our most popular for over a decade and a half. If you’d prefer not to cut a tree down altogether, but at the same time need to deal with the issues we’ve mentioned, tree reduction is for you.
Across Tilbury tree reduction involves decreasing the width and height of a tree by 20 to 30 per cent. The benefits are immediate. If even better results are required then we may suggest tree pollarding or tree removal. The health of the tree and safety always come first.
Why tree reduction?
Whether you need to bring down in size your tree’s crown to stop it blocking light or views, you need to generally reduce the size of your tree so that it doesn’t outgrow its space, or you’ve inherited an uncontrolled tree that requires some TLC, our team is ready to assist.
Tree reduction is good for the health of a tree. By removing branches that cross over or rub against each other and by exposing the canopy, the enhanced air and light flow is greatly beneficial.
Tilbury Tree Reduction – how to choose the right tree company
When taking on a tree services company for tree reduction Tilbury wide it is vital you take care over your selection. This checklist will help you make the right choices:
- Trading Standards Buy with Confidence Scheme – look for membership as accredited companies are verified for quality standards at reasonable rates
- LANTRA and City & Guilds qualification – these prove the company has qualified tree who trained in dealing safely and carefully with trees
- British Standards – another quality guarantee that is recognised nationwide
- Insurance – unclaimed upon insurance demonstrates dedication to high safety standards
- Health & Safety record – An untarnished health and safety record offers peace of mind
- Training – A record of ongoing training and investment in cutting edge equipment means you’ll enjoy the best possible results
Helpful advice on tree reduction Tilbury wide
When choosing a tree surgeon for tree reduction, be sure to always check the qualifications they have relate to the type of work being carried out.
There are many different qualifications and not all of them are relevant to certain types of tree work. Allow an unqualified tree worker to work on your tree and, if there’s an issue, you could find that their insurance doesn’t cover them for any damage or injury they have caused.
Our Tilbury tree reduction experts are highly qualified. We hold TEN different N.P.T.C. qualifications in a range of elements of arboriculture, along with TWO LANTRA qualifications. All this means we are well qualified to safely and effectively carry out tree reduction Tilbury wide.
TH Trees Ltd is also Trading Standards, local authority and Safe4Site Gold approved. We work to British Standard BS 3998 2010 and all the related legal guidelines including the Work at Height Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act and the Manual Handling Operations. We have also upheld a totally clean record across all aspects of health and safety and hold £5 million liability insurance.
Tilbury tree reduction: species covered
The following are just some of the trees we work on regularly throughout Tilbury:
- The oak tree – including the English or common oak, the sessile oak and the holm oak including those that grow up to 30 or 40 metres in height.
- Willow trees – including those located on the banks of lakes, rivers or ponds. Whether you run a fishery and need to clear overgrown swims; you manage parks or gardens or you have a willow in your own private garden that could do with reducing in size, our experts can assist.
- Ash trees – including those suffering from ash dieback. Ash trees suffering from this disease need extra special care and attention and we are able to provide expert advice on how best to proceed. It is crucial to present a solution that makes the tree safe, but at the same time reins in the spread the spores of the disease.
- Fruit trees – including pear, plum, cherry and apple. Fruit trees enjoy regular pruning of the right kind as it helps them develop a strong branch structure to support their heavy fruit crops.
- Conifers and pines – including yew, cedar and Leyland cypress. These trees can grow to towering heights but thankfully our experience, knowhow and skill and our specialist equipment and training in working at height mean we can provide our customers with total peace of mind whenever tackling trees of these species.
- Thorny and spiky trees – unlike some tree companies, we are not opposed to working on hawthorn, holly or even monkey puzzle trees.
- Eucalyptus trees – including the cider gum tree, popular along the Essex coast.
- Beech trees – even if your beech tree has grown to 30 or 40 metres in height, we can reduce it for you without issue. Regular pruning works well for the beech tree as it helps in maintaining its leaves year-round which is good news if you use it as privacy hedging.
- Ornamental and flowering trees – including lilac, magnolia, false acacia (Robinia) and bay laurel. We will ensure your ornamental tree is pruned at the optimum time and using the correct method to ensure you enjoy plenty of blooms the following year.
- Other deciduous and evergreen trees – including silver birch trees, hornbeam trees, lime trees, maple trees, sycamore trees, rowan trees, elm trees, whitebeam trees, spindle trees and aspen trees.
In other words, we can handle any tree you have on your land. Need to identify a tree? Our Tree ID pages should prove helpful to you.
Your tree and common diseases
An essential part of our Tilbury tree reduction service is recognising and treating diseases, fungi and pest infestations. If you are concerned that your tree could be suffering from disease or infestation, our guide to common tree diseases and pests should prove useful. Please do not hesitate to contact us for personalised advice if you are worried that your tree is suffering in any way.
Tilbury tree reduction: getting the timing right
There are certain times of year when tree reduction should be avoided.
Firstly, you are not allowed to prune any tree during the bird nesting season which runs from February to August. We will always check for nesting birds outside of this period, as sometimes you may find them nesting earlier or later in the year than usual.
During late spring to early winter, most trees are actively growing. Pruning during this time is not advised because trees that are growing bleed sap when they are cut. The sap attracts bugs and diseases.
The above rules only apply to non-emergency tree reduction work. If your tree requires immediate care due to disease or infestation however, or is presenting dangerous loose branches, then we can go ahead with care.
A final piece of helpful advice… any tree that is protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) will subject to limits on the level of tree reduction allowed. Permission will be required from the local authority before proceeding which can take up to eight weeks to be granted. Always check the TPO register if you have reason to believe your tree is protected, or if you live in a conservation area.
For Expert Tilbury Tree Reduction, talk to TH Trees Ltd
At TH Trees Ltd we have been specialising in tree reduction Tilbury wide for more than 15 years. This paired with our comprehensive qualifications and widely respected reputation places us in the best position possible to take care of all your Tilbury tree reduction requirements.
For a no-obligation quotation and friendly advice from a qualified and accredited Tilbury tree reduction specialist, call TH Trees Ltd on 01268 642 814.
Polite, professional and tidy.
The team were punctual, very polite, kept me well informed of what they were doing, anything I asked them wasn’t an inconvenience.
Service with a smile and the tidy up job was fantastic too.
I would certainly recommend TH Tree services and happily use them again.
Hi Mrs Easton, thank you for leaving a lovely review. The team are really pleased they come across professional and friendly.
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012