Get a quick no obligation quote It’s free and will only take a jiffy!
Thurrock Tree Pruning Services from a Local Name you can Trust
Looking for recommendations on a Thurrock tree pruning service you can trust? TH Trees Ltd has the experience, qualifications and reputation to satisfy your peace of mind.
For more than 15 years, homeowners, estate managers, commercial land owners, local authorities, landlords and housing associations have relied on our tree pruning services throughout Thurrock and the rest of Essex.
Our Thurrock tree surgeons hold an impressive TEN different N.P.T.C. qualifications in a variety of arboriculture disciplines, together with TWO LANTRA qualifications. It places us in the best position to safely and effectively carry out all types of tree pruning and tree care tasks.
TH Trees Ltd offers even further reassurance via its Trading Standards, local authority and Safe4Site Gold approved status. We work in strict compliance with British Standard BS 3998 2010 and also with a host of legislation such as the Work at Height Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act and the Manual Handling Operations. We are proud to have maintained a thoroughly clean record in all aspects of health and safety and hold £5 million liability insurance.
When you engage the services of a tree surgeon for tree pruning work, make sure you check that the qualifications they say they have are relevant to the work being carried out, otherwise you could face issues should an insurance claim need to be made.
Thurrock Tree Pruning: Whatever your species of tree, we’ve got it covered
Whether your trees are situated on public, private, commercial or residential land or in a dangerous location such as next to a railway line or on the banks of a lake, rest assured the specialists at TH Trees Ltd have the skill and experience required to handle the situation safely and professionally.
It is likely that over the past 15 years we have pruned every species of tree common to the UK. Because we know precisely when and how to prune trees in Thurrock, and are trained in the appropriate methods, you can have complete peace of mind that your tree will be well taken care of, and of course will look fantastic once pruned too.
The following are just some of the species of trees we regularly prune across Thurrock:
- Oak trees. We are able to prune all species of oak tree including the English or common oak, the sessile oak and the holm oak. Oak trees are well known to grow to heights of 40 metres but this is no issue for our specialists who have the required skills to work safely at height.
- Willow trees. We regularly carry out willow tree pruning on the banks of lakes or ponds which is their favourite habitat. Because they have such long branches, it is beneficial to prune willow on a regular basis. Pruning is good for the health of the tree as it allows more light to get through. It also makes it easier to maintain the grounds beneath the tree.
- Ash trees. It is an unfortunate fact that the ash tree is susceptible to the common disease known as ash dieback. For this reason it is essential that ash tree owners are constantly checking for signs of the disease. The ash tree can grow to 35 metres in height, again not a problem for our expert tree surgeons. If we detect any signs of ash dieback or any other disease during pruning, we will advise you on our suggested course of action.
- Fruit trees such as pear, plum, cherry and apple, all popular in the UK. It is vital for fruit trees to be regularly pruned by someone who knows what they are doing. They need to develop a strong branch structure to support their fruit crops, so pruning needs to be carried out in a certain way.
- Conifers and pines. This includes yew, cedar and Leyland cypress, even those that grow to towering heights of 100 metres. We have the skill and equipment to tackle even the tallest of trees.
- Thorny trees and spiky trees. These could include hawthorn, blackthorn, holly and the monkey puzzle tree. It is common for some tree companies to turn down work like this because they see spiky trees as a hazard. But that’s not us. Whatever your tree in Thurrock, thorny, spiky or whatever, if it needs pruning, we will take care of it.
- Eucalyptus trees of all types, including the cider gum tree found in abundance along the Essex. Eucalyptus trees are another tall growing tree which again doesn’t pose any sort of issue for our specialists.
- Beech trees. Beech trees grow to heights of 30-40 metres, but it’s their expansive canopies that can be a challenge to tackle. Not for us though! Whether your beech tree is freestanding or grown to form a hedge, you can leave it with us to prune it to perfection. With regular pruning, beech trees will often keep their leaves year round, which is helpful if you rely on them for privacy screening.
- Other deciduous and evergreen trees. We can deal with everything from silver birch trees, hornbeam trees, lime trees and maple trees to sycamore trees, rowan trees, elm trees, whitebeam trees, spindle trees and aspen trees. We are also qualified to professionally prune ornamental and flowering including lilac, magnolia, false acacia (Robinia) and bay laurel.
Need to identify a tree on your land or in your garden? Our Tree ID pages should prove very helpful.
Thurrock Trees: Common Diseases
Thurrock tree pruning encompasses the vital task of assessing a tree for any signs of disease or decay that could be weakening the branches and affecting the health of the tree.
Some species of trees are more susceptible to disease, fungi and pest infestations than others. Ash dieback, chestnut blight, Dutch elm disease and oak decline are some of the most common diseases, but there are many more to be on the lookout for.
If you are worried that your tree may be diseased or infested, our guide to common tree diseases and pests should prove most useful. You can also contact us for personalised advice should you have any concerns.
When to prune your Thurrock trees?
It is advisable to follow certain rules concerning the timing of your Thurrock tree pruning.
Firstly, non-emergency tree pruning should be avoided during the tree’s active growing season which usually spans from late spring to early winter. This is because whilst they are growing, trees will bleed sap when cut. This sap attracts bugs which in turn bring disease to the tree. Any urgently required pruning, such as work to make a tree safe or to treat a disease, can proceed at any time however.
The bird nesting season, February to August, is another time during which tree pruning should be avoided. It is against the law to disturb nesting birds, so we will always check a tree before going ahead with pruning, even outside of the nesting season. Again this rule applies only to non-emergency tree pruning.
You will also need to check the TPO register if your Thurrock tree is of notable interest. If the tree is protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) then the volume of tree pruning allowable will be limited and you will need to obtain permission from your local authority before proceeding. Be prepared though as this can take up to eight weeks to come through, and you must not do anything until you have the official go-ahead. TH Trees Ltd can liaise with the local authority on your behalf should you wish.
For Tree Pruning Thurrock People are Happy to Recommend, Choose TH Trees Ltd.
At TH Trees Ltd we have been specialising in tree pruning Thurrock wide for more than 15 years. Alongside our extensive list of qualifications and our widely acknowledged reputation, this means we are best placed to take care of all your Thurrock tree pruning requirements.
For a no-obligation consultation and friendly advice from a qualified Thurrock tree pruning specialist, call TH Trees Ltd on 01268 642 814.
Polite, professional and tidy.The team were punctual, very polite, kept me well informed of what they were doing, anything I asked them wasn’t an inconvenience.Service with a smile and the tidy up job was fantastic too.I would certainly recommend TH Tree services and happily use them again.
Hi Mrs Easton, thank you for leaving a lovely review. The team are really pleased they come across professional and friendly.
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012