Get a quick no obligation quote It’s free and will only take a jiffy!
Tilbury Tree Pruning Services Trusted for More than a Decade
If you are seeking a reliable Tilbury tree pruning then look to TH Trees Ltd for the experience, qualifications and reputation you need for complete peace of mind.
For 15 years householders, estate managers, commercial land owners, local authorities, landlords and housing associations have been relying on our expertise in tree pruning Tilbury and Essex wide.
Our Tilbury tree surgeons hold as many as TEN different N.P.T.C. qualifications in a range of arboriculture disciplines, together with TWO LANTRA qualifications, all placing us in the best possible position to safely and effectively carry out all types of tree pruning and tree care work.
Approved Tree Surgeons for Complete Reassurance
TH Trees Ltd offers even further reassurance thanks courtesy of its Trading Standards, local authority and Safe4Site Gold approved status.
We work in to British Standard BS 3998 2010 together with a long list of legislation. This includes the Work at Height Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act and the Manual Handling Operations. We are pleased to have maintained a completely clean record in all areas of health and safety, and hold £5 million liability insurance.
A word of advice: always check that the qualifications your tree surgeon says they have are relevant to the work being undertaken. If you don’t then issues may arise should you need to make an insurance claim following a problem caused by their work.
Tilbury Tree Pruning: All Species of Trees Covered
Wherever your trees are located, whether on public, private, commercial or residential land, in a risky location, such as alongside a railway line or by the waterside, or in a conservation area where a special approach is required, you can have total peace of mind that the experts at TH Trees Ltd have the knowledge required to handle the situation with total professionalism and complete safety.
Having been in the industry for such a long time, we can safely say that we have pruned every species of UK native tree, and many more in addition. The benefit of using our experts is that we know exactly when to prune trees Tilbury wide and what methods to use, and that we are trained and qualified in all the appropriate techniques.
You can therefore enjoy complete peace of mind that your tree will be looked after both in terms of health and appearance.
Here are some of the most common trees we prune in Tilbury on a regular basis:
- Oak trees – including the English or common oak, the sessile oak and the holm oak, however tall they have grown.
- Willow trees – including those located by watersides. Regular pruning of willow trees is good practice so that they remain well managed.
- Ash trees – including those affected by ash dieback. If we spot any signs of ash dieback or any other disease whilst pruning, we will devise a treatment plan or advise on any action that needs to be taken to ensure the safety of the tree.
- Fruit trees – including pear, plum, cherry and apple. Fruit trees should be professionally pruned periodically as it helps them develop a strong branch structure which is needed to support the heavy fruits.
- Conifers and pines – including yew, cedar and Leyland cypress. We are able to prune conifer and pine trees that have grown to towering heights.
- Thorny and spiky trees – for example hawthorn, blackthorn, holly and monkey puzzle. Many companies refuse tree pruning work involving spiky trees, but not us. We’ll happily handle with any tree, however thorny.
- Eucalyptus trees – including the cider gum tree, prolific along the Essex coastline. Eucalyptus trees can grow to great heights, but that’s no problem for our experts.
- Beech trees – regular pruning helps beech trees to keep their leaves year round which is helpful if you use them for privacy screening or hedging.
- Other deciduous and evergreen trees – we regularly prune everything from silver birch trees, hornbeam trees, lime trees and maple trees to sycamore trees, rowan trees, elm trees, elder trees, whitebeam trees, spindle trees, alder trees and aspen trees. We are also experienced and trained in ornamental and flowering tree pruning including lilac, magnolia, false acacia (Robinia) and bay laurel.
Need to identify a tree on your land or in your garden? Our Tree ID pages should prove helpful.
What diseases affect trees in Tilbury?
Some trees are more susceptible to disease, fungi and pest infestations than others. Ash dieback, chestnut blight, Dutch elm disease and oak decline are some of the most commonly found diseases in the UK, but there lots more that can affect trees of any age or size.
If you are worried that your tree may be diseased or infested, our guide to common tree diseases and pests should prove helpful. You can also discuss any concerns with us personally and we will provide tailored advice should you need it.
What is the best time for tree pruning in Tilbury?
Getting the timing right with tree pruning is of great importance as it can affect the health and appearance of a tree.
Any tree pruning that is not need urgently, for example to make safe a hazardous tree or to treat disease, should be avoided during the tree’s active growing season. This usually runs from late spring to early winter. The reason for this is that whilst trees are actively growing, they bleed sap when cut. This attracts insects which spread disease throughout the tree, something that has the potential to be devastating.
The bird nesting season, February to August in the UK, is another period during which tree pruning is to be avoided. It is against the law to disturb nesting birds, so for this reason we will always survey a tree before going ahead with pruning, even outside of the nesting season. Again this applies only to non-emergency tree pruning.
You will also need to check the TPO register if your tree in Tilbury is of notable interest. If the tree is protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) then the volume of tree pruning will be controlled and you will need to obtain permission from your local authority in order to proceed. This can take up to eight weeks to be granted, and you must not do anything until the written permit arrives. TH Trees Ltd can liaise with the local authority on your behalf should you require.
For Tree Pruning Tilbury Residents are Happy to Recommend, choose TH Trees Ltd.
TH Trees Ltd has been specialising in tree pruning Tilbury wide for more than 15 years. Combined with our extensive qualifications and our widely respected reputation, we are in the best position possible to expertly handle of all your Tilbury tree pruning needs.
For a no-obligation consultation and friendly advice from a qualified Tilbury tree pruning specialist, call TH Trees Ltd on 01268 642 814.
Polite, professional and tidy.
The team were punctual, very polite, kept me well informed of what they were doing, anything I asked them wasn’t an inconvenience.
Service with a smile and the tidy up job was fantastic too.
I would certainly recommend TH Tree services and happily use them again.
Hi Mrs Easton, thank you for leaving a lovely review. The team are really pleased they come across professional and friendly.
- January 2020
- December 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012