Call us for a free quote & advice 01268 642814

first aid

Get a quick no obligation quote It’s free and will only take a jiffy!

T.H Tree Services Are Now Fully Qualified In First Aid At Work

The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981

These regulations govern the provision of first aid by a business to their staff. The Health and Safety Regulations apply to all workplaces, including those with fewer than five employees. T.H Tree Services have at least 2 members of staff fully qualified in first aid.

Employers’ legal duties

The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. These Regulations apply to all workplaces including those with less than five employees and to the self-employed.

What is ‘adequate and appropriate’ will depend on the circumstances in the workplace. This includes whether trained first-aiders are needed, what should be included in a first-aid box and if a first-aid room is required. Employers should carry out an assessment of first-aid needs to determine what to provide.

The Regulations do not place a legal duty on employers to make first-aid provision for non-employees such as the public or children in schools. However, HSE strongly recommends that non-employees are included in an assessment of first-aid needs and that provision is made for them.

Assessment of first-aid needs

Employers are required to carry out an assessment of first-aid needs. This involves consideration of workplace hazards and risks, the size of the organisation and other relevant factors, to determine what first-aid equipment, facilities and personnel should be provided.

Application of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 to self-employed workers

Self employed workers are required to ensure they have such equipment, as may be adequate and appropriate in the circumstances, to provide first aid to themselves while at work.

They should make an assessment of the hazards and risks in the workplace and establish an appropriate level of first-aid provision.

Many self-employed people work on mixed premises with other self-employed or employed workers. Although you are legally responsible for your own first-aid provision, it is sensible to make joint arrangements with the other occupiers and self-employed workers on the premises. This would generally mean that one employer would take responsibility for first aid for all workers on the premises. HSE strongly recommends there is a written agreement for any such arrangement.

Where do Tree Surgeons Come in Specifically?

As tree surgeons operate in one of the highest risk industries, we require the full FAW (First Aid at Work) certificate. Employing a company that does not have a qualified first aider could bring deadly consequences and is always best avoided. Click this link to see our in date first aid certificate First Aid Certificate

If you require a professional, Fully qualified tree company call T.H Tree Services now on 01268 642814.

Fantastic service

Polite, professional and tidy.
The team were punctual, very polite, kept me well informed of what they were doing, anything I asked them wasn’t an inconvenience.
Service with a smile and the tidy up job was fantastic too.
I would certainly recommend TH Tree services and happily use them again.

Hi Mrs Easton, thank you for leaving a lovely review. The team are really pleased they come across professional and friendly.

Page 1 of 198:
Safe4Site Lantra NPTC Buy with Confidence City & Guilds