Get a quick no obligation quote It’s free and will only take a jiffy!
Grays Hedge Trimming Services
We always say that a well maintained hedge is a happy and healthy hedge. A nice, neatly kept hedge adds kerb appeal to a home and acts as an excellent boundary marker. Hedges also make wonderful features on public land, including as mazes!
Whether your hedge is overgrown, imposing on neighbouring or public land, blocking access or just needs a good prune to keep it in check, you can rely on the qualified expertise of T.H. Tree Services.
Why use T.H. Tree Services for Grays hedge trimming?
For over 15 years, householders, estate managers, local authorities, developers and housing associations have been taking advantage of our expert knowledge in hedge trimming Grays wide and more extensively throughout Essex.
Our Grays tree surgeons are exceptionally qualified, holding as many as TEN different N.P.T.C. qualifications in a range of arboriculture specialisms, together with TWO LANTRA qualifications.
For further peace of mind, T.H. Tree Services is Trading Standards, local authority and Safe4Site Gold approved. We adhere to British Standard BS3998 2010 as well as a raft of legislation which includes the Work at Height Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act and the Manual Handling Operations. We have since we started trading maintained a totally flawless record across all aspects of health and safety and have £5 million liability insurance which also displays an unblemished record.
What to consider when hiring a tree surgeon for hedge trimming Grays?
When you engage a tree surgeon for Grays hedge removal, you must always check that the qualifications they say they have match up with the work being undertaken. Why? Read on to find out…
Hedge trimming can be a risky job, especially when handling particularly large hedging plants like conifer or yew. Several years of experience are needed to master the art of safely trimming a hedge of this size without causing property damage or personal injury.
Unfortunately there are way too many so-called hedge trimming companies claiming to be ‘specialists’. However, the truth is you will quickly discover that most of them have no qualifications, experience, training or insurance and do not possess the necessary equipment needed to carry out the job safely. Consider what would happen if during the trimming of your hedge, some of it dropped onto a neighbour’s property, or worse still, struck a passer-by.
With no valid insurance, the company would have no grounds to cover a claim for compensation and damages. Instead the liability would be yours.
Hedge trimming Grays: why is it so important?
Most hedging plants require some form of regular trimming. This helps them to maintain a nice appearance and also keeps them in check. A lot of hedges are grown to fit particular spaces, particularly those that are grown as boundary markers or for privacy. Regular pruning using the right methods and at the right time will keep the hedge at the desired size.
There really is no substitute for professional hedge trimming Grays residents agree. It takes experience, training and specialist knowledge as well as the right equipment (super-sharp, custom-designed cutters) to achieve the most striking looking hedges. This is precisely why calling in the experts rather than attempting the job yourself is the best course of action.
Grays Hedge Trimming: All Types of Hedging Covered
Our Grays hedge trimming service covers a comprehensive range of hedging species of all shapes and sizes. Whether your hedge is situated on public land or in a residential garden; on business premises or in a challenging or dangerous location, the specialists at T.H. Tree Services have the knowledge and experience necessary to undertake the job safely and effectively.
The following are just some of the hedging plants we regularly trim across Grays and surrounds:
- Common box (Buxus) – this UK native evergreen hedging species can grow to heights of 12 metres if it is not regularly pruned. It is also susceptible to many diseases and pests.
- Privet (Ligustrum) – a very popular species of deciduous hedge. It is a rapid grower and will get out of control quickly if not pruned regularly.
- Alder (Alnus glutinosa) – alder hedges left growing without regular pruning can reach as much as 20 metres in height. This hedging plant is also prone to alder dieback leading to dead branches and bleeding from the bark. We can treat diseased alder catching it early is vital.
- Beech (Fagus sylvatica) – a popular specimen hedging tree that can have green, purple or copper leaves. Beech is prone to diseases such as coral spot, heart and root rot or beech bark disease, all of which we can identify and treat for you.
- Blackthorn (Prunus spinosa) – also known as ‘sloe’ after its summer fruits. Blackthorn is by its name a thorny hedging plant but its white spring blossom is particularly beautiful. Silver leaf is a fungal disease that affects the wood and leaves of the blackthorn and it can lead to the death of branches. Our blackthorn hedge pruning service includes removing dead or diseased branches and treating the plant where necessary, ensuring it remains in the best of health.
- Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna) – another popular deciduous hedging plant renowned for its stunning white blossom that appears in May and is more commonly known as the Mayflower. When a hawthorn hedge is not correctly pruned, its shoots can cross over and become congested. This is not conducive to the good health of the plant. What’s more, over-pruning can lead to problems too. Hawthorn is susceptible to all sorts of pests as well as leaf spot and fireblight, a bacterial disease that can make the plant appear as though it’s been scorched by fire. These parts can thankfully be pruned out, but let it all be a lesson to you – if you have a blackthorn hedge – be sure to have it looked after professionally.
- Conifers and pines such as yew, cedar and Leyland cypress – used widely as privacy hedging. Regardless of the height of your conifer or pine hedge, we can tackle pruning it without issue.
- Other deciduous and evergreen hedging including hornbeam, hazel, field maple, crab apple, bird cherry and wild cherry plus ornamental and flowering hedges such as holly, lilac, false acacia (Robinia) and bay laurel. We regularly prune all of these types of hedge.
If you need to identify your hedging plant, our Tree ID pages should prove helpful. Furthermore, if you are seeking to identify a disease, fungi or pest infestation then our guide to common tree diseases should prove helpful. You are welcome to contact us if you are concerned that your hedging is suffering from any of these diseases and we will attend and give you our professional opinion and suggested course of treatment.
When is the best time for Grays hedge trimming?
It is not possible to prune hedges at any time of the year you choose. Any non-emergency hedge removal must be avoided during the bird nesting season which in the UK runs from February to August. We will always check for nesting birds outside of this period just in case. If the hedge is diseased or hazardous however then we can usually proceed on an emergency basis.
In addition, you are wise to avoid pruning a hedge within its active growth period as this will cause sap bleeding which attracts bugs. These bring disease to the hedge. Late spring to early winter is the time to avoid.
If you own or manage a countryside hedgerow then you will need to check if it is protected before you do anything. If it is, you will have to make an application to undertake any sort of work on it. You can learn more by visiting the protection and management of countryside hedgerows web page.
For Expert Grays Hedge trimming, Contact T.H. Tree Services
At T.H. Tree Services we have been specialising in hedge trimming Grays wide for more than 15 years. We offer a fairly priced, value-added service that you can fully depend upon and that is recommended throughout Essex.
For a no-obligation quotation and helpful advice from a qualified Grays hedge trimming specialist, call T.H Tree Services on 01268 642 814.
Polite, professional and tidy.The team were punctual, very polite, kept me well informed of what they were doing, anything I asked them wasn’t an inconvenience.Service with a smile and the tidy up job was fantastic too.I would certainly recommend TH Tree services and happily use them again.
Hi Mrs Easton, thank you for leaving a lovely review. The team are really pleased they come across professional and friendly.
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012