Get a quick no obligation quote It’s free and will only take a jiffy!
Thurrock Hedge Removal Services
Thurrock hedge removal is a core service provided by the expert tree surgeons at TH Trees Limited.
Whether your hedge is overgrown, growing over onto neighbouring or public land, obstructing an entryway, is suffering disease or no longer looks attractive, you can depend upon TH Trees for a professional hedge removal service anywhere in the Thurrock area.
Why use TH Trees for hedge removal in Thurrock?
It’s been more than 15 years now since householders, estate managers, local authorities, developers and housing associations have been benefiting from our premium knowledge in hedge removal Thurrock wide and indeed across the whole of Essex.
Our Essex tree surgeons are qualified to the highest degree, holding as many as TEN different N.P.T.C. qualifications across numerous aspects of arboriculture plus TWO LANTRA qualifications.
For further peace of mind, TH Trees is Trading Standards, local authority and Safe4Site Gold approved. We work within the parameters of British Standard BS3998 2010 for the utmost in quality, and adhere to a raft of legislation including the Work at Height Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act and the Manual Handling Operations. We are proud to have maintained a totally spotless record in all aspects of health and safety and have £5 million liability insurance.
Helpful advice: choosing a tree surgeon for Thurrock hedge removal
Hedge removal in Thurrock, or anywhere for that matter, can be a hazardous job, especially when dealing with expansive, thorny or very tall hedging made up of the likes of conifer or yew. Several years’ experience are essential to master the craft of safe hedge removal without causing damage to property, or injuring anyone.
Unfortunately, and this is a fact, there are way too many so-called hedge removal companies claiming to be ‘experts’. Many of them however have no qualifications, experience, training or insurance, and they certainly do not own the specialist equipment needed for a safe and effective job. Imagine this scenario: an unqualified and therefore uninsured tree worker is removing your hedge. Part of it falls onto a neighbour’s property or onto someone passing by. Who will be responsible for the damage and compensation? In reality, it would be you. This is why due diligence in selecting the right people for the job is vital.
Thurrock Hedge Removal: how it works
Hedge removal can prove quite an involved job, especially where the hedge is large, well-established, thorny or spiky. It all starts with cutting the hedge back as far as possible. For this we use specialist, extra-sharp cutters that slice easily through the thick, woody branches. Once we’ve disposed of the leaves and branches, we make a start on tackling the stumps and roots. If these are not dealt with, the hedge will simply grow back.
We’ll always leave the site perfectly clear and flat with no mess, ready for you to do whatever you wish to do.
Thurrock Hedge Removal: We cover ALL types of hedging
Our Thurrock hedge removal service is suitable for all species of hedging plants, and all sizes too. Wherever your hedge is located, TH Trees have the knowledge and experience to carry out the work safely and thoroughly. That includes hedges located in hazardous areas.
The following are just a few of the hedging plants we regularly remove around Thurrock:
- Common box (Buxus). Did you know a box hedge can grow to heights 12 metres if left unpruned? It is also susceptible to numerous diseases and pests. If your box hedge is beyond saving because it has not been properly cared for, or you simply need it removed for whatever reason, you can rely on TH Trees.
- Privet (Ligustrum). Privet is a widely grown deciduous hedge that tolerates poor soil and shade. Because it is fast growing it may get out of control quickly without regular pruning. If you want to remove a privet hedge, even if it has grown really thick, our experts can help.
- Alder (Alnus glutinosa). Are you aware that if you leave an alder hedge to grow without pruning regularly, it could reach 20 metres in height? Alder hedging is prone to alder dieback leading to dead branches and bleeding from the bark. Whilst diseased alder can be treated, it has to be dealt with early for the best chance of success. If you need an alder hedge removed, you can leave it to our expert team.
- Beech (Fagus sylvatica). A popular specimen hedging tree with either green, purple or copper leaves. Regular pruning will keep it from shedding its leaves year round. But if your beech hedge is suffering from one of the common diseases such as coral spot, heart and root rot or beech bark disease, or it is blocking light or access, we can safely remove it for you.
- Blackthorn (Prunus spinosa). More commonly referred to as ‘sloe’ after its small purple summer fruits. Blackthorn is a thorny hedging plant with pretty white spring flowers; although some people find the dropping fruits an irritation and the thorns aren’t always welcome where there are pets or children. Silver leaf is a fungal disease that affects the wood and leaves of blackthorn, eventually causing the death of the branches. We can treat your blackthorn hedge if you wish, or remove it for you if you prefer.
- Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna). More commonly known as Mayflower, this deciduous hedge suffers from over-pruning and is prone to a range of pests as well as leaf spot and fireblight, a bacterial disease that can make the plant look like it’s been scorched by fire. If your hawthorn is looking worse for wear, we can prune the affected parts out for you, or we can remove the whole hedge if you prefer.
- Conifers and pines, including yew, cedar and Leyland cypress. These are all used commonly as tall privacy hedging private estates. Known for reaching soaring heights, sometimes up to 100 metres, these hedging trees still pose no issue for our team when it comes to removing them.
- Other deciduous and evergreen hedging which can include hornbeam, hazel, field maple, crab apple, bird cherry and wild cherry together with ornamental and flowering hedges including holly, lilac, false acacia (Robinia) and bay laurel, to name just a few.
If you need to identify your hedging plant, our Tree ID pages should prove useful. What’s more, if you wish to assess a tree for disease or pest infestation then our guide to common tree diseases should be helpful to you. Please feel free to get in touch if you think your hedging may be diseased, as there may still be time to save it and you may be able to keep the hedge if you prefer.
Hedge Removal in Thurrock – a guide to timing
There are times of the year when hedge removal should not be carried out. Firstly, any non-emergency hedge removal should not go ahead during the bird nesting season, which in the UK runs from February to August. Outside of this period we will always check for nesting before going ahead with any hedge removal, just to be on the safe side. If the hedge is posing an immediate risk however or is diseased, we can usually proceed.
If you own or manage a countryside hedgerow then you will need to verify whether it is protected before you do anything. If it is then you will need to make an application to remove it or undertake any sort of work on it. There’s more information on the protection and management of countryside hedgerows here.
For Specialist Thurrock Hedge Removal, Talk to TH Trees Limited
At TH Trees we have been specialising in hedge removal Thurrock and Essex wide for more than 15 years. We offer a value-added service that you can fully depend upon and that numerous people have happily recommended over and over again.
For a no-obligation quotation and friendly advice from a qualified Thurrock hedge removal expert, call TH Trees on 01268 642 814.
Polite, professional and tidy.The team were punctual, very polite, kept me well informed of what they were doing, anything I asked them wasn’t an inconvenience.Service with a smile and the tidy up job was fantastic too.I would certainly recommend TH Tree services and happily use them again.
Hi Mrs Easton, thank you for leaving a lovely review. The team are really pleased they come across professional and friendly.
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012