Get a quick no obligation quote It’s free and will only take a jiffy!
Great Wakering Hedge Removal Services
Do you have a diseased or dead hedge, or need to remove a hedge that’s getting in the way of your landscaping ideas? Across Great Wakering hedge removal has become one of our most requested services.
Why use TH Trees Ltd for hedge removal in Great Wakering?
Householders, estate managers, local authorities, developers and housing associations have for over 15 years trusted our expertise in hedge removal Great Wakering wide and across the whole of Essex.
Our Essex tree surgeons are highly qualified. We hold TEN different N.P.T.C. qualifications across numerous aspects of arboriculture, as well as TWO LANTRA qualifications.
For further peace of mind, TH Trees Ltd is Trading Standards, local authority and Safe4Site Gold approved. We work to British Standard BS3998 2010, as well as all relevant legislation including:
- The Work at Height Regulations
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act
- The Manual Handling Operations
We are delighted to have maintained a totally untarnished record in all aspects of health and safety and have £5 million liability insurance.
Advice on choosing the right hedge removal company
Great Wakering hedge removal can be hazardous. Especially when you are dealing with large, overgrown, spiky or thorny plants. In these cases, it calls for several years of experience to ensure the highest standards of safety in hedge removal. It is vital that no person or property are injured or damaged during the course of the work.
Sadly there are far too many supposed hedge removal companies out there claiming to be ‘experts’. The problem is they often lack the qualifications, experience, training or insurance that is so crucial. Neither do they possess the specialist equipment required to undertake the work safely and efficiently.
Uninsured or under-insured tree workers that cause property damage or personal injury can leave you exposed to liability and you may find yourself burdened with a compensation claim which you will be responsible for.
A Guide to Great Wakering Hedge Removal
The work starts with cutting back the hedge back as much as possible using specialist, extra-sharp cutters. These glide readily through the thick branches.
Once that’s done and we’ve got rid of the leaves and branches, we then get to work on removing the stumps and roots of the hedge, ensuring it cannot grow back.
Great Wakering Hedge Removal: ALL hedging species covered
The following are just some of the hedging Great Wakering residents regularly ask us to remove:
- Common box (Buxus). Box hedge can grow up to 12 metres in height without regular pruning. It is also susceptible to a range of diseases and pests. If your box hedge cannot be saved, or you just want to remove it, whatever its size, we can remove it for you.
- Privet (Ligustrum). Privet is an extensively grown deciduous hedge able to endure poor soil and shade. With its fast growing nature, it can quickly get out of control without regular pruning. We can remove privet hedges of any size.
- Alder (Alnus glutinosa). An alder hedge left to grow without regular pruning is likely to grow to 20 metres in height. Alder hedging is susceptible to alder dieback which can result in dead branches and bleeding from the bark. Diseased alder should be treated quickly for the best possible chance of survival. If it doesn’t make it, we can remove the hedge.
- Beech (Fagus sylvatica). Beech is a widely used specimen hedging tree with either green, purple or copper leaves. Frequent pruning promotes year-round leaf retention. However, if you have a beech hedge that has been affected by coral spot, heart and root rot or beech bark disease, you may wish for it to be removed, which is something we can do for you.
- Blackthorn (Prunus spinosa). Also known as ‘sloe’ after its small purple summer fruits, blackthorn is a thorny hedging plant that bears beautiful white blossom in springtime. Silver leaf can affect blackthorn wood and leaves, leading to the death of the branches. We can treat diseased blackthorn hedge, or should you prefer, we can remove it.
- Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna). Also known as Mayflower, this deciduous hedge does not appreciate too much pruning and is prone to various pests as well as leaf spot and fireblight, a bacterial disease that can make the plant look like it’s been scorched by fire. We can either treat and prune affected hawthorn, or remove it for you.
- Conifers and pines, including yew, cedar and Leyland cypress are all popular forms of tall privacy hedging. Well known for reaching heights of up to 100 metres, these hedging trees can be easily removed by our team should you wish.
- Other deciduous and evergreen hedging such as hornbeam, hazel, field maple, crab apple, bird cherry and wild cherry plus ornamental and flowering hedges including holly, lilac, false acacia (Robinia) and bay laurel can all be removed by our Great Wakering hedge removal specialists.
Need to identify your hedging plant? Our Tree ID pages should prove helpful, and if you require information on common diseases and pests affecting hedging plants, then our guide to common tree diseases should prove helpful. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you are concerned that your hedging is diseased, as there may still be time to salvage it and it may not be necessary to remove it after all.
When is the ideal time for Great Wakering hedge removal?
There are certain times of the year when hedge removal should be avoided.
Firstly, the bird nesting season must be avoided by law. This runs from February to August. Outside of this time we will always check for nests before going ahead with any hedge removal, just to be sure.
If you own or manage a countryside hedgerow then you will need to ascertain whether it is protected before going ahead with any work. If it is protected, you will need to apply to remove it or carry out any sort of work on it. There’s more information on the protection and management of countryside hedgerows here.
For Specialist Great Wakering Hedge Removal, contact TH Trees Limited
At TH Trees Ltd we have been specialising in hedge removal Great Wakering and Essex wide for more than 15 years. We offer a value-added service that is widely trusted.
For a no-obligation quotation and helpful advice from experienced Great Wakering hedge removal specialists, call TH Trees Ltd on 01268 642 814.
Polite, professional and tidy.
The team were punctual, very polite, kept me well informed of what they were doing, anything I asked them wasn’t an inconvenience.
Service with a smile and the tidy up job was fantastic too.
I would certainly recommend TH Tree services and happily use them again.
Hi Mrs Easton, thank you for leaving a lovely review. The team are really pleased they come across professional and friendly.
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012