Get a quick no obligation quote It’s free and will only take a jiffy!
Tree Crown Lifting Thurrock
At TH Trees Ltd we have over our 15-plus years of trading developed a very high level of specialist knowledge across all areas of tree surgery. This includes crown lifting. Thurrock wide this is one of our most commonly requested services, in particular for anyone keen to retain the height and aesthetics of their trees, whilst at the same time eliminating the risks associated with low-hanging branches.
What is tree crown lifting?
Tree crown lifting involves removing the lower branches of a tree. In doing so, the height of the canopy is lifted. The overall height of the tree remains the same, but the lower parts are cleared, leaving a nice area for people to walk underneath safely. Crown lifting is also a good idea where trees are growing close to elements of risk such as power lines, public roads or buildings.
Do I need Tree Crown Lifting?
Tree crown lifting Thurrock wide is great for removing low hanging branches that impinge on public footpaths or roads, but it does offer many other advantages. Want to find out if tree crown lifting is suitable for your Thurrock land? Get in touch. We’ll visit your property and conduct a free survey to advise you whether crown lifting service is right for your tree.
Why choose TH Trees Ltd for Tree Crown Lifting Thurrock?
For more than 15 years, homeowners, land managers, business owners, local authorities and housing associations have depended upon our tree crown lifting services Thurrock wide and further out across all of Essex.
Our Thurrock tree surgeons hold as many as TEN different N.P.T.C. qualifications in a wide range of aspects of arboriculture, as well as with TWO LANTRA qualifications. All of this means that we are qualified to safely and effectively carry out a range of tree care tasks at height; and that includes tree crown lifting.
Furthermore, TH Trees Ltd is Trading Standards, local authority and Safe4Site Gold approved. We work in line with British Standard BS 3998 2010 and comply with all the relevant legislation including the Work at Height Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act and the Manual Handling Operations. We have maintained a completely unblemished record in all aspects of health and safety and hold £5 million liability insurance.
Tree Crown Lifting Thurrock: We Cover ALL Species of Trees
Our Thurrock tree crown lifting service takes in a wide variety of tree species and sizes, including all UK native trees and non-native trees that grow commonly across the country.
It doesn’t matter whether your tree is situated on public land, in a domestic garden, on commercial premises or somewhere dangerous such as next to railway line or body of water, the specialists at TH Trees Ltd have the expertise required to take care of everything in a safe and efficient way.
The following are just a selection of the trees we work on across Thurrock and all surrounding areas:
- Oak – all species including the English or common oak, the sessile oak and the holm oak. Oak trees can reach heights of 40 metres and often grow very wide canopies. Regardless of their size, we can provide expert tree crown lifting for the oak tree.
- Willow – including willows growing next to bodies of water. Willow trees have beautiful long, cascading branches. Sometimes it is helpful to lift the crown, in a considerate manner, to allow people to enjoy the shade beneath. This also allows light to penetrate the tree and makes it easier to maintain the grounds around it too.
- Ash – the ash tree is known to reach at least 35 metres in height. Not an issue for our team though of course. Plus whilst we’re undertaking the crown lifting, we will be looking out for ash dieback, a common disease of this species. If we find it, we will let you know what needs to be done.
- Fruit trees – such as pear, plum, cherry and apple. It is essential for fruit trees to be regularly pruned. Without it, they won’t be able to develop a robust branch structure to support their heavy fruit crops.
- Conifers and pines – such as yew, cedar and Leyland cypress. Conifers and pines are well-known for growing to soaring heights of up to 100 metres. The good news is that the team at TH Trees Ltd have the experience, knowledge and specialist equipment to carry out crown lifting on these species.
- Thorny or spiky trees – such as the monkey puzzle, hawthorn and holly. Some tree companies will refuse to carry out crown lifting for trees like these that pose a natural hazard. Not us though! Whatever your tree in Thurrock, if it needs crown lifting, we’ll get it done.
- Eucalyptus trees – including the cider gum tree, one of the most common species found in abundance along the Essex coast.
- Beech trees – including those with exceptionally large canopies. If your beech tree has grown to a towering height, we will lift its crown to make it safe and healthy. Regular pruning is beneficial for the beech tree as it assists with year-round leaf retention year-round, especially beneficial when your beech tree is used for privacy screening.
- Other deciduous and evergreen trees – such as silver birch trees, hornbeam trees, lime trees, maple trees, sycamore trees, rowan trees, elm trees, whitebeam trees, spindle trees and aspen trees. Whatever your tree species, if it needs its crown lifting, consider it covered by TH Trees Ltd.
Need to ID a tree on your land? Our extensive Tree ID pages should prove useful.
Common diseases affecting trees in Thurrock
When we carry out tree crown lifting Thurrock residents appreciate tour knowhow when it comes to checking the tree for signs of disease or decay. This is very important, as there may be resulting weakness of the branches and the tree’s health could be at risk.
You have probably heard of some of the most common tree diseases such as ash dieback, chestnut blight, Dutch elm disease and oak decline. But there are many more.
A crucial part of our service is dealing with diseases, fungi and pest infestations. If you are worried that your tree may be suffering from disease or may have a pest infestation, our guide to common tree diseases and pests should prove useful. You can also contact us at any time for personalised advice.
When is the best time for Thurrock tree crown lifting?
It is important to be careful with the timing of your tree crown lifting in Thurrock. Here is some useful guidance for you:
- Never prune a tree during the bird nesting season. This runs from February to August. The TH Trees team will always check for nesting birds outside of this time to be on the safe side. The rule applies to non-emergency tree work only. If there is an immediate risk or the tree is under threat, then we will be able to go ahead with the necessary work.
- Never proceed with tree crown lifting whilst the tree is in its active growing period. This is usually late spring to early winter, although it can vary. During the active growing season, trees bleed sap when they are cut, and this attracts bugs which bring with them diseases. Again, it is possible to go ahead with emergency tree work at any time, although it is best to hold back until the tree goes into its dormant phase. This can vary, so have a read of our news and tree ID pages for advice on the best time to prune your particular tree, or contact us for tailored advice.
You will also need to consult the local authority TPO register if your tree is of notable interest. If it is protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) then the amount of crown lifting allowed will be subject to restrictions, and you will need permission from your local authority to proceed, which can take up to eight weeks to come through.
For Specialist Tree Crown Lifting Thurrock wide, Choose TH Trees Ltd
At TH Trees Ltd we have been specialising in tree crown lifting Thurrock wide for more than 15 years. Our extensive qualifications and renowned reputation puts us in the position to cover all your Thurrock tree crown lifting requirements.
For a no-obligation consultation and friendly advice from qualified Thurrock tree crown lifting experts, call TH Trees Ltd on 01268 642 814.
Polite, professional and tidy.The team were punctual, very polite, kept me well informed of what they were doing, anything I asked them wasn’t an inconvenience.Service with a smile and the tidy up job was fantastic too.I would certainly recommend TH Tree services and happily use them again.
Hi Mrs Easton, thank you for leaving a lovely review. The team are really pleased they come across professional and friendly.
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012